When it comes to skiing in Winter Park, personal preference is everything. With so many styles and so much terrain to choose from, there’s sure to be a slope or cross-country trail for pretty much everyone.
Skiing in Winter Park
So what are your Winter Park skiing options? How about:
- Skiing and Snowboarding at Winter Park Resort – Composed of 3,081 skiable acres, 143 trails, 26 lifts, 6 terrain parks, and 1 half pipe divided amongst seven unique territories, Winter Park Resort offers runs for every level of skier and rider.
- Cross Country and Skate Skiing – No matter which technique you prefer, classic or skating, Winter Park’s terrain will not disappoint. With nearly 250 miles of groomed trails in Grand County and a range of Nordic centers offering facilities, rentals, maps and lessons, Winter Park offers the perfect opportunity to take the plunge for the first time, to perfect your skills or to simply enjoy the quiet backcountry.
- Skiing Granby Ranch with Family – Located just two miles south of Granby, Granby Ranch has long been a favorite ski location for families thanks to its easy access, affordable prices and family-friendly atmosphere.
- Night Skiing Under the Moon – Due Grand County’s elevation and its lack of humidity and light pollution, skiers are often gifted with beaming moonlight that acts as a natural headlamp for nighttime skiing. Throughout Grand County, Nordic centers, resorts and ranches offer full-moon ski, skate and snowshoe opportunities.
- Skiing for the Disabled – Thanks to the National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD), more than 3,000 adults and children with disabilities can enjoy exciting winter adventures, including alpine skiing, snowboarding, cross country skiing, ski biking, Nordic trips, snowshoeing and ski racing.
- Enrolling in Ski + Ride Schools – Winter Park Resort’s Ski + Ride School is Colorado’s first professional ski school, offering lessons for all disciplines and abilities including programs for kids and adults in private, semi-private and group settings.
And of course, with so many skiing activities and locations to choose from, there is also a boatload of winter gear rental and demo companies to provide with you all the equipment you need to make the most of the slopes, day or night.