If you’re in need of wintery adventures that can simultaneously lead you down the slopes, onto the trails and into the very heart of winter’s wonder, Winter Park is the ultimate destination. Whether you’re flying solo, making memories with friends or planning a trip for the whole family, Winter Park offers a long list of things to do this winter.
Outdoor Winter Activities Grand County & Winter Park
Some of our favorite Grand County winter activities include:
- Dog sledding in Fraser Valley – It’s like riding through the mountains on a magic carpet to the rhythm of dog paws.
- Skiing, skiing, and more skiing – Whether you’re riding at the resorts, skiing Granby Ranch with the family, going cross country at night or CAT skiing through fresh powder, you won’t be disappointed with Winter Park’s skiing options.
- Scenic sleigh rides – For a truly unique and romantic way to see the Colorado Rockies, take a sleigh ride in a one- or two-horse open sleigh.
- Snowmobiling – Grand County offers plenty of room to play for those winter riders who want to buzz along the backcountry trails for a great day in the snow, whether on a guided trip or a solo ride.
- Snowshoeing – With little chance of injury, snowshoeing can be a fun way to discover the quiet Winter Park backcountry and also a great way to burn some extra calories.
- Tubing and sledding – Winter Park offers a variety of terrain and riding options so you and your kiddos can go downhill fast.
- Ice fishing at Granby Reservoir – All this sport takes is a fishing license, fishing rod and really warm, insulated rubber-bottom boots and a good deal of patience!
- Ice-skating with the family – An accessible winter sport for all ages, ice-skating in the mountains is a picture-perfect time to lace up your skates.
- Visiting Rocky Mountain National Park – Even in winter, Rocky Mountain National Park is a beautiful and exciting place to visit, whether you’re snowshoeing and skiing or simply taking tin the snow-covered sights.
Warmer Things to Do in Winter
There are plenty of things to do if you just want to relax or you need something to keep you busy in between outdoor adventures:
- Treat yourself to an afternoon of wellness – Relax, refresh and rejuvenate at a local spa.
- Enjoy a day of shopping, wining and dining – From local art galleries and fine clothing boutiques to bars, restaurants and breweries, there are plenty of options for retail therapy and happy hour.
- Plan to celebrate a special occasion in true winter style – Grand County offers a variety of venues and facilities to help you add a bit of winter wonder to any special occasion.
- Start planning your summer vacation – It’s never too early to find out about summer activities in Grand County so you can get a head start on planning your trip.
And of course, there are always special events happening throughout Grand County, so make sure you check our Winter Park event calendar for more winter fun ideas! You can also pick up a copy of our free Winter Park Guest Guide or order one online.Tags: Featured, What to Do