After a snowfall in the old days, neighborhood kids raced their Red Flyer sleds down dead man’s hill screaming at the top of their lungs. Today, Grand County offers the same chills and thrills for kids of all ages at several safety-first tubing parks and free hills.
Pay to Play Tubing Experiences in Winter Park
Pay to play at these tubing hills that offer the latest technology to ensure an exhilarating ride:
- Thrill seekers will want to try the four lanes of tubing and banked turns at the Coca-Cola® Tubing at Winter Park Resort. The newest tube park in Colorado features a covered conveyor left ride back to the top. Enjoy hot cocoa and a fresh-baked cookie at the Hill House warming lodge.
- The Colorado Adventure Park offers a wide range of tubing terrain, from slow and easy to fast and wild. Ride a single or double tube. After your ride, take the Magic Carpet lift back to the top of the hill. For kids aged six and older, drive a mini Snow Scoots snowmobile just like the grownups.
- Locally-owned and operated since 1971, the Historic Fraser Tubing Hill is groomed, lighted and complete with a lift to take you to the top. Adrenaline junkies may descend individually, in tandem, or for the fastest and longest ride, in group clusters.
Free Tubing and Sledding Options in Grand County
At these free tubing and sledding hills enjoy racing down the hill the old-fashioned way:
- The Town of Winter Park sponsors a free sledding hill open to the public at Hideaway Park in the middle of downtown Winter Park. Sleds are available at the hill and are checked out using the “honor system.”
- The Grand Lake Nordic Center offers ten tubes to share on its free tubing hill. They welcome personal tubes and sleds with no sharp metal edges. Donations are welcome.
After your ride, hike back to the top for your next trip down!
Wear the right clothes to have the best tubing experience:
- Snow pants, jacket, snow boots, hat, and gloves/mittens to keep you warm
- Goggles to protect your eyes from flying snow
- Helmets to keep your noggin safe
The snow is falling on that tubing hill right now. What are you waiting for? Looking for more fun winter activities in Winter Park? Pick up our GuestGuide in town!Tags: What to Do