What makes Winter Park special in the summer are its many exciting activities for families. Play miniature golf or go horseback riding. Experience thrills on a zip line or on Colorado’s longest alpine slide. Or, simply relax on a chair lift or ride a cruiser bike along a paved trails. There’s never a shortage of family fun activity in Winter Park!
Fun Family Activities in Winter Park
Some of our favorite things to do with the family include:
- Zip lining – Zip Along over the treetops and meadows on Devil’s Thumb Ranch’s Adventure Zip Lines that feature five lines, the longest the High Lonesome Line at 1600 feet. Riders must weigh 75-275 pounds. Reserve your spot now!
- Dog sledding – With 80 Siberian and Alaskan huskies, during the summer Dog Sled Rides of Winter Park offers rides in carts instead of sleds. Visit their website to learn the dogs’ names and which ones are up for adoption.
- Movie night – Go traditional and relax with bowling and a movie at The Foundry Cinema & Bowl, which has two state-of-the-art movie theaters and eight bowling lanes. Buy your handmade, wood-fired pizza and beer right here and take it into the movies
- Stand-up paddle boarding – WhatSUP? Try something new with stand-up paddle boarding at Grand Lake, Lake Granby and Shadow Mountain.
- Scenic Chair Lift Rides – You don’t have to be a skier or mountain biker to enjoy the thrill of a chair lift as you rise slowly up the side of a mountain. The Zephyr Express chairlift takes you to the summit of Winter Park Mountain, at an elevation of 10,700 feet. Granby Ranch has chairlift rides for foot passengers from May through September during bike park hours with access to more than 5,000 acres of hiking.
- Junior Ranger Programs – The Junior Ranger Program at Rocky Mountain National Park teaches kids about nature and animals in the park. Free Junior Ranger booklets filled with activities and games are available at the Kawuneeche Visitor Center. Your child earns a badge when she successfully completes a booklet.
- Fitness fun – The Grand Park Community Recreation Center has a climbing wall, swimming pool with loop slide, multi-sport gym and fitness area. Non-resident daily fee available.
- Fishing – In the mood for fishing? The Lions Club Fishing Ponds in Fraser offer an enjoyable fishing experience for the entire family. The upper pond is just for kids and disabled anglers.
- Playing games – Buy a day pass at Snow Mountain Ranch/YMCA and enjoy miniature golf, disc golf, an indoor climbing wall, horseback riding, the craft shop, reservoir fishing, organized hikes and the kiva recreation center with roller skating, volleyball, basketball, badminton, tennis, pool and ping pong. Winter Park Resort also boasts Colorado’s longest Alpine Slide, GyroXtreme, Leaps ‘n Bounds Bungee, human maze, disc golf, putting course, bouncy snowcat for little ones, outdoor climbing wall and mineral panning at Mary Jane.
- Relaxing – Enjoy a Spa Day after a long day of sightseeing or shopping. Bella Vita Mountain Day Spa in downtown Winter Park features offers massage and bodywork, facials, waxing, tinting, nail care and more. Ranch Creek Spa at Devil’s Thumb Ranch has 15 treatment rooms, including a couple’s suite, yoga studio and separate men’s and women’s locker rooms, each with steam rooms.
- Picnicking – What better way to enjoy family time than with an old-fashioned picnic? In downtown Winter Park, Hideaway Park has an open grassy area, covered picnic area, children’s playground and restrooms. Its skate park has three bowls and various rails. Old Schoolhouse Park in Fraser, this park has a children’s play area, picnic tables and BBQ pit. Fraser Sports Complex has a picnic area, playground, athletic fields and plenty of room for kite flying and dog running, this is a great place for a family picnic.
The active family is at home in Winter Park during the summer. Don’t miss out!Tags: What to Do