Looking for snow-filled thrills and winter wonder beyond the typical ski trip? Look no further than Estes Park. With a range of winter activities and special events and a long list of fun things to do when it’s cold outside, Estes Park promises a good time for both Colorado locals and wintertime vacation goers.
Outdoor Winter Activities
If you’re looking for outdoor winter activities:
- Try ice fishing at Trout Haven Pond – This serene pond is perfect for introducing kids to the sport of fishing, or for simply spending a relaxing afternoon of hassle-free angling. In short, it’s good fun for the entire family.
- Hit the rink for some ice-skating – It’s the perfect activity if you want to enjoy the brisk Rocky Mountain outdoors while keeping the whole family entertained at the Trout Haven rink.
- Go tubing or sledding at Hidden Valley – If you want to embrace your inner-kid or take your little ones for a downhill ride they won’t soon forget, Hidden Valley is the only suitable area you’ll find in Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Discover the backcountry on snowshoes – Not only is snowshoeing in Estes a fun way to explore the great outdoors, but it’s also an excellent low-impact aerobic workout.
- Plan a visit to Rocky Mountain National Park – Open year round, wintertime visitors can enjoy the lush forests, still meadows and steep mountain slopes blanketed in white.
Warmer Things to Do
If you just want to escape the winter weather in between adventures:
- Visit the Estes Park Museums – If it’s too cold outside, spend the afternoon exploring the area’s many museums to discover Estes Park’s fascinating history.
- Take in the Art of Estes Park – The local stores and galleries of Estes feature local and regional artists who create works for generations to enjoy and collect.
- Eat, drink & be pampered – Spend an afternoon shopping or relax at one of Estes Park’s many spa services, and then treat yourself to a bit of wining and dining in the evening.
Planning Special Occasions
Want to make an extra special occasion unforgettable this winter?
- Plan a winter wedding in Estes Park Valley – Dazzle your guests with a backdrop of winter splendor as you say your vows.
- Invite your family to Estes for a mid-winter reunion – With so many family-friendly activities and a variety of venues and facilities, Estes Park is the perfect location for a family reunion or any other type of celebratory gathering.
For more information about things to do in winter at Estes Park, or to find out more about summer activities and year round fun, pick up our free guidebook in town or order one online.Tags: Featured, What to Do